Saturday, December 13, 2008

Summer is over

Well, I chased the summer for all I was worth and willing to follow south. I've been carrying skis and a snowboard on my truck for nearly three months without dipping them in any snow. Its time to switch gears and head north into what snow I can find. I have defied the gravity and rock gods with climbing, its now time to test them on the slopes of powdery fun.
Spent the last week climbing here in Joshua Tree and when the wind isn't blowing its quite nice. The wind really picked up today and the forecast is for rain and cold. If I'm going to be cold and wet it needs to be from being cruising through powder. Going to head up to Bishop again and see if I can't get the best of both worlds with a little more climbing and skiing in the nearby mountains. If both are no good I'll head East to Utah and maybe Colorado. Got to find winter somewhere out here.
Climbing has been good with no real injuries yet, the closest thing was the boulder incident, and I have hopes of resuming climbing within a couple weeks. Met a lot of cool people climbing, some out for the weekend, others for longer trips. Some chasing summer while running away from having to get a life. Like myself.
Just a short one, if anyone knows where the snow is good drop me a note, I'll keep in touch when I can. Hope everyone's holidays are shaping up well,
Enjoy

1 comment:

May we each inspire one another to achieve all we dream of..... said...

Alaska has good snow!! Thanks for your words...Enjoying your updates...keep them coming!!

VLP