Saturday, January 17, 2009

Summer returns!

After a quick jaunt north to the land of snow and ice, which was oddly found throughout Oregon and Washington I have caught word of summer's return. I spent the week in Salem with the weather a vast change from the ice and snow it was a mere 10 days before, it was now back to its usual paces of wet and windy. I had a quick house sitting gig keeping eye on a couple of dogs and the cable TV during which I came down with some sort of chest cold that took me down. A week and a half later I still feel the lingering effects of it.
I have returned to Bishop where the weather is quite warm and sunny. The other day it was 70 degrees and the other days not far from that. Getting back into climbing has been once again a humbling experience, I hope its mostly due to the cold I suffered through, I don't have quite the strength I did weeks ago and the short approaches are really kicking my butt. It deters me little and each nice day I wander into the boulder fields and throw myself around with reckless abandon. I have to get myself healthy and back into shape with Kerry on her way back down to Red Rocks with some serious routes on her mind. I hope not to slow her down. I've got some work to do.
Hope everyone had a good new years, I spent mine in Bend where I ODed on my favorite beer ever, Bend Brewing Company Hop Head IPA. She was a wicked mistress, luring me in giving me comfort, funny feelings, hope. Then I didn't feel so well. I have yet to touch beer since then but rest assured it was mostly due to the cold, I'll find my mistress again.
Just a quick shout out to my old man, hey dad, Happy Birthday, he turned 50 the other day. Thats old. Real old. Good for you man. Just food for thought but some of my first conscience thoughts/memories of him he was my age now... hmmm.
Well, I got to get back to climbing and living... I'll post when I can and get some pics up when I actually take some.

No comments: