Thursday, November 13, 2008

The times be a better

Well, as luck would have it, about an hour after I made my last post telling of tales of loss and misfortune I wandered down to the local sport shop to place my final posting of my lost gear as I would be departing Bishop the next morning. While reviewing the post board I found a lost gear posting. All it said was lost gear, call Brenda and then a number. Understanding it had been over a week since I lost my stuff I had nothing to lose. Well, after confirming the color of the shoes, it turned out to be my stuff! They were on their own camping trip so had been out of town for a few days following when I lost it. They had talked to people in the local campsite but over the weekend the turnover rate of the campers was pretty high, and where I was camping was out of the way a pit in a old gravel pit used mostly by climbers. Its cheaper and no pretty stream nearby. They actually had put some effort in trying to find the me and while we talked to the same agencies, the gears of organization kept the stars from aligning early on.
They were a neat retired couple living in a trailer park community in north Bishop. Their trailer turned out to be a real bugger to find especially in the dark and all those trailers look the same and streets are windy and crowded. For awhile I was so close yet so far.
Anyhoo, my stuff was returned, the day after I had purchased new shoes, luckily not the same kind that were returned and I departed Bishop and found a quiet scene with good weather here in Bend.
Until next time.

No comments: