Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More climbing, better weather

Some sweet Bishop bouldering. I wish my climbing was as impressive as some of these photos were. It sure was fun though, in that finger skin tearing, falling, bleeding sort of way.


The weather here in Bishop has continued to improve at least until last night. The temps are dropping making climbing more tolerable beyond the usual finger and toe pains. The mountains surrounding Bishop have received a nice dusting along the tops. My skis will see some use yet.
Last night was an impressive wind event in the Buttermilks rocking my truck and pushing my crash pad around from under the truck. Very little sleep was gotten as a result of mighty impressive gusts coming from the mountains. The next day I ran into a couple from Australia whose tent was flatten and poles were broken. They had to take refuge in town. This was not the only tent I heard of suffering from the wind.


Climbing up to this point has been good leaving skin and dignity along the boulders here. Somedays are better than others, but really beyond any injury its hard to have a bad day climbing. I ran into a former Alaskan now living here in Bishop, another partner to climb with now that I had to say goodbye to me fellow Alaskans from Juneau. They departed last night heading for the west coast to return to Alaska. Good thing too, their tents would have diffiently suffered in the wind. They were kind enough to leave me with pictures they had taken with their nice camera. For more of those pics go to my picasa site to check out my facebook.
I plan to be here for another two days before departing north to Smith Rock for some more climbing while the weather is good.


This last shot is from Red Rocks, me coming out of the shade of the Black Corridor.

No comments: